Sunday, February 19, 2012

yum and more yum!

So, today I tried not one, but TWO amazing low calorie recipe, and I MUST share them with you IMMEDIATELY. Trust me, if you like cheese and/or dessert, you should read on. If not, then you aren't human anyway. So here are the super simple recipes for two amazing LOW CALORIE foods that you must make NOW!!!!!

One more preface.... one is stolen in part from Hungry Girl, so I will link her recipe too, (although I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as my modified recipe) I will also say that she kind of annoys me for some reason, so I am always damn determined to make her recipes better and/or lower calorie. Success.
Recipe #1: Mac & Cheese
Ingredients: 
2 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste penne pasta (if you haven't already discovered this pasta, you should! 170 calories for real non whole wheaty tasting pasta vs 210 for other pasta)
1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (choose your flavor- I used tomato & basil because it's what I had)
1 slice of 2% Kraft American or Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp low fat sour cream 
1/8 cup panko breadcrumbs (I use Kikoman because it has the lowest amount of calories) 
Directions: Microwave cheese for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Pour on cooked pasta. (Yeah its that easy) To fancy it up, top the mac & cheese with panko and toast for 10 minutes in the oven. (totally worth it) Add some crumbled turkey bacon for a little extra.
total calories (without bacon): 268
HG recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/edible-idols-bacon-and-peanut-butter-blt-rific-mac-n-cheese-recipe

...and now for the BEST. recipe. ever.
Recipe #2: Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting
Ingredients:
Pillsbury sugar free Devil's Food cake mix 
4 egg whites 
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cup water (according to box directions) 
1 can Pillsbury whipped chocolate frosting
Directions:
(I can't stress this part enough) Put the applesauce in a blender or other blending device until it no longer looks like applesauce, but has more of an oil consistency. (aka: puree it).  Mix cake mix, pureed applesauce, and egg whites together. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes. 65 calories each. Seriously.
Top with 1 tbsp of frosting for an added 45 calories (again, totally worth it.)
total calories: 110. Seriously. And DELICIOUS. Not "diety" or sugar-free tasting, or applesaucey AT ALL.

So when I say go do it people, I mean it. You will thank me later!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found some super healthy recipes that you enjoy. That is a GREAT step forward

    ReplyDelete