Thursday, February 9, 2012

Water for Elephant

So here we are, week 4. I've decided that I'm not going to update you on the daily ins and outs of my life because A) who cares? and 2) my day to day is pretty much the same always. Instead, I will write once a week at least, more if something thrilling and exciting happens....but don't count on it.

So, good news since I last wrote.... I am FINALLY down a little bit! Hallelujah! I was beginning to think that maybe it wasn't ME that was the problem, but the scale that was for some reason stuck. Yeah,that must have been the problem. Don't remind me how illogical that is since my husband was weighing in and HIS weight was not the same as mine, and was changing. I like my story, so I'm sticking to it! Anyway, now that the scale is fixed, it's finally giving me different results. I think I finally figured out the secret. Water. Yup, the Colorado "Windex" if you will. The cure all for all that ails 'ya strikes again. I knew that I probably wasn't drinking enough in the first place, so I decided (with a SMALL amount of suggestion from my husband...............) that I should increase my daily water intake. Wouldn't you know it, he was right. (don't get used to it baby ;) ) Since I upped my ounces, the weight is starting to come off again. Combine that with the 200+ crunches a day, and varying my workouts, not to mention 15 trips to the bathroom a day, and I think I am really on to something!!!!

Now I am left with the theory that its ONLY water weight that I'm losing, and not real weight. Does this mean that if I decrease my water, I will start gaining again? Am I really just an overgrown water balloon with a small pin-hole leak? I would like to think it's more than that. I am currently 1lb from my first goal- 10 lbs, and I am hoping its really not 10lbs of water. It doesn't seem like much, especially in 5 weeks time, but its a start. My next is 20lbs by Vegas. I have 5 more weeks for that to happen. We shall see......

Keep the comments, encouragements, and suggestions coming! I love reading what you guys have to say!

Oh, and Dana M, and Denise W... you guys are my heroes!

1 comment:

  1. Go Lisa go! You're doing so well - just keep it up. Yeah Dana & Denise are crazy, but very inspiring. One of these days, maybe I'll be like them!

    ReplyDelete