Tuesday, January 31, 2012

week 3 and the tale of why I've been so quiet

It's hard to sit down every day and be witty and funny (at least that's what I try to do) when you feel like crap. No, crap doesn't really describe it; more like an old deflated balloon. I feel like no matter what I do this time I can't seem to lose weight. I mean, I could literaly copy and paste my blog from last week and that would sum up my week again. Still counting calories. Still weighing my food. Still working out, and changing my workouts (just like I was told) a few times a week. And still gaining weight. It just doesn't make any sense. Thankfully it's not a huge amount of weight, but when all you want to see is the numbers go down, the last thing you want to see week after freaking week is the numbers slowly creeping up.

Yesterday I actually felt pretty good. It was the first day all week the scale finally broke my plateau number. My pants even felt baggy! I just KNEW that when I got on the scale this morning for the official weigh in that I would be ok..... until I got on the scale this morning and not only was I back up a whole pound from yesterday, but I am another 0.2lbs up from last week's weigh in (those of you keeping score... this is 2 weeks in a row of being up 0.2lbs from the week before.) I just don't get it. My poor husband is getting the worst of it. Every morning I jump out of bed just SURE that today will be a good weigh in. And every morning I crawl back into bed with tears streaming down my face about what a loser (and not in a good way...) I am. I'm sick of the cycle. Of course, I know I should do something about it. So this morning I did. I ate McDonalds. Now I know that isn't going to help matters what-so-ever. And I'm sure that when I get on the scale tomorrow morning I'm going to feel even worse about my decision. In fact, what I thought would heal my wounded heart this morning (since food makes everything oh so much better.........) is making me feel worse now. Let's just hope that this ridiculous amount of calories at 7 in the morning will actually jump start my metabolism.................. or something...............

Sigh. Anyone else feel this way??? Or am I the only one thinking of chopping off a limb just to see a lower number on the scale?!?!?! Yeah... I feared as much........

2 comments:

  1. First and foremost - I doubt you had enough calories at breakfast this morning to even be in danger of gaining weight, let alone significant weight. Weight gain takes time, too.

    Second, start using a fabric tape measure on your various dimensions. Keep track of it, privately, just for you. I bet you've lost inches, even if you haven't lost pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it is worth I feel your pain. Someday they will figure out that some of us fight this weight battle because of reasons other than the amount of calories we consume. I often say I could deal with the dieting if I was rewarded with results. I even had gastric bypass, lost weight slower than most and less than most but had decided to be satisfied with the 80 lbs I lost even if I was still medically obese. Then 3 years later the weight started creeping up again. 40lbs in 2 years. I just don't get it. I have started counting calories again as well. I really like myfitnesspal.com to help me with that. Hang in there.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete